There’s nothing worse than hurrying when you’re trying to get ready for a night out. You know, your eyeliner’s just not right. Your hair looks good from the front, but when you look in the mirror, you see a big lump at the back. In short, anything that can go wrong, does go wrong. But don’t be afraid, we understand that getting ready in a hurry is terrible! That’s why we’re sharing these 15 handy tricks to get you ready, quickly.
1. Keep the area in which you are getting ready tidy. This way you know where everything is and you avoid having to look for the things you need last minute. Create a “quick look” that can be done in 5 minutes. If you then sleep through your alarm clock and only have 10 minutes left to get to work, you will at least look good.
2. Practice in the weekend. When you have time, work on your eyeliner (or any part of your beauty routine that takes up the most time). That way, you can be ready quickly when you’re short of time.
3. Use multifunctional products. Whether it’s a blush that you can use on your cheeks and lips or a highlighter that you can apply to your lips. This will save you both time and money.
4. Keep cotton swabs at hand. If you’re in a hurry to get ready, it is of course more common to make a mistake when applying your make-up. When you have cotton swabs and some makeup remover at hand, these mistakes will be fixed in no time.
5. Plan in advance. If you know you’re going to be short for time in the morning, it’s a good idea to wash and dry your hair the night before. Then all you have to do is curl or style it the next day, for example.
6. Use a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner. This way you don’t have to wash and condition your hair separately and you’re done in one go.
7. Take your time. This may sound strange, but if you are in a hurry, you will make mistakes. Fixing these mistakes often takes more time than taking it easy in the first place.
8. Make sure you have 3 easy hairstyles that you can apply to any kind of hair day. We recommend the braid, the bun and the elegant, low tail. These are hair styles that are easy, fast and can be applied to almost any hairstyle.
9. Get everything ready to go the night before. You may not be able to sleep with your make-up on, but you can put all the stuff you think you need for your look ready in advance. You can also prepare your lunch the night before and get your clothes ready.
11. Use your lips. If you don’t have enough time in the morning to put your whole face in makeup, it’s a good idea to use bright lipstick. This attracts attention to your lips and gives you a young and awake look.
12. Use dry shampoo. If you don’t have enough time, but still need to wash your hair, this is a good solution. Lift your hair and spray the shampoo a little under your hair root. Then comb it with your fingers through your entire hair and voila! You will have clean looking hair in no time.
13. Use your fingers. Instead of applying all your hair products extensively with brushes, it’s much quicker to use your fingers.
14. Use a microfiber towel for your hair. This will dry your hair faster than a regular towel and you can do your make-up while you wait.
15. Listen to optimistic music. Whether you’re getting ready for a night out, or getting ready for work in the morning, optimistic upbeat music will wake you up and speed you up.